Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wherein Entire States are Written Off

spruce
are you going to take that arctic survival course you linked to last night, ralph?
ralph
I don't know. It terrifies me appropriately. But I hate seal blubber.
spruce
maybe Idaho should terrify you more
it's full of loons, or so I hear
Idaho is a state that doesn't get a lot of mention.
ralph
most beautiful places are
Wyoming has 500k people. They're almost all assholes.
spruce
Wyoming and Montana are kind of interchangeable to me
arid, hilly cowboy country
Idaho strikes me as Washington's weird, developmentally disabled brother that he doesn't like to talk about
it is beautiful though, for sure
ralph
Colorado is deeply messed up as well--a moderately cool state with a ton of California okies slumming up the place and a fundy streak centered on Colorado Springs, the most beautiful worst place on earth
I don't know why I love it so much when people who aren't in charge of things announce that they're going to "step down."
spruce
that rocketboom thing still exists?
it's weird when some internet things last longer than a year
like I saw that JibJab still exists. Seemed wrong, somehow
it suggests that the internet has an attention span, which is mind-blowing
ralph
I had never heard of it, just knew of elspeth --she's a floatbrain
apparently
spruce
floatbrain?
ralph
not deep
at least, that's how I use it
spruce
I see. Being the dork I am, I picture something more literal
ralph
like advanced hydrocephalus?

No comments:

Post a Comment